Unless you work with plumbing every day of the week then chances are you could stand to learn a few tips with plumbing to help you out at your home. Two of the most important tips tend to deal with water conservation and preventative plumbing maintenance. Both of which will go a long ways in preventing the possibility of water leaks, clogs and the expenses tied with them when you need plumbing in Rosenberg, TX.
- When you are done using a faucet, make sure that it is fully closed. If the faucet is fully closed, but is still leaking then could be as simple as needing to replace a washer in the faucet. If you are unsure of what you are doing then it is always best to let the professionals handle your plumbing in Rosenberg, TX.
- If you have an inkling that you may very well have a leak then wait for a time in the day when no one is at home and then cut the water off to anything that may use it in your home and then go outside and check the reading on your water meter. Make sure you do not use any water for an hour or two in the home and then once the time has passed go back out to the water meter and if the reading has changed, you have a leak. If not, you are good to go.
- If you have noticed that your toilet seems to be continually running then drop a few drops of food coloring into the tank. After a while if you notice color in the bowl then you will know that there is a leak. This tends to be due to an aging flapper valve and is a pretty straight-forward fix. However, if you are not sure with what to do then get in touch with a company such as Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Rosenberg, TX for assistance.
- Try installing a low flow shower head in your bathrooms in order to reduce the amount of water that residents in your home use. Unfortunately, chances are not everyone in the household is going to agree with this, however, your water bill will decrease and you will be doing your part in water conservation.
If you would like to learn more about how to conserve water then give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing a call today and schedule an appointment for one of our professional and courteous plumbers to come to your home and help install low flow shower heads and also offer other options that can help you cut back on the amount of water you are using in your home.
Tips for Drains
Scraping food into a drain without a garbage disposal is asking for trouble. Never deposit grease into your kitchen drain. Use newspaper to absorb liquid grease, place into a leak proof bag and dispose of in the trash. Solidified grease can simply be raked into the trash.
- Once a month pour one cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by one cup of vinegar to help keep the kitchen drain open. Flush with hot water for 15 seconds when done.
- Never put bones, cherry pits, celery, or other ‘stringy’ material into your garbage disposal. These items can damage blades and clog your drain.
- Throw away dental floss and use strainers for bathroom sinks and shower.
If your toilet won’t flush after a heavy rain you may have a cracked or clogged sewer line. Furthermore, septic tanks need to be professionally cleaned every 2-3 years. In addition, once per month you need to flush a product intended to promote beneficial bacteria into the septic tank.
- Know the location of your main water shut off valve. It is usually inside your water meter. Turn it off and on once per year to keep it freed up. Keep inside your meter clean so you can access your shut off valve.
- Winterize outside faucets. Repair leaky faucets before insulating. Faucets may be wrapped with insulation, and covered with a bucket, secured plastic garbage bag or faucet insulators. Foam insulating sleeves are available for exposed pipe. Heat tapes are an option for the main water supply line entering your home.
- Dark spots in linoleum and discolorations on wood floors indicate a leak.
Plumbing problems tend to get worse over time. A watchful eye and regular maintenance will prevent problems from becoming a major issue. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing a call to learn how we can help you.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Houston, Texas
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Houston, Texas hires some of the best professional Katy plumbers in the area. We have on-call emergency plumbers twenty four hours a day, seven days a week and three hundred and sixty five days a year for your convenience. Our experienced and friendly plumbers provide on time plumbing related services to not only Houston but Katy, Rosenberg and Sugar Land Texas also. If you are in need of a professional plumber to make repairs, maintenance, or installation services then you need to look no further than About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Houston, Texas.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offers professional repairs, installation and service for plumbing in Rosenberg, TX. We have on-call emergency plumbers twenty four hours a day, seven days a week and three hundred and sixty five days a year for your convenience. Our experienced and friendly experts will handle your plumbing in Rosenberg, TX and provides on time plumbing related services to not only Houston but Katy, Rosenberg and Sugar Land Texas also. If you are in need of a professional plumber to make repairs, maintenance, or installation services then you need to look no further than Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Houston, Texas.
Ben Franklin Plumbing is a leading local plumbing company with high standards of service that you can rely on. When you contact us you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving the best plumbing services in the area. Our commitment to service and excellence is reflected in our rock solid A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you have a plumbing related problem in your home or business and you need help, do not hesitate to reach out to us today. One of our professional and friendly plumbers will take care of your plumbing in Rosenberg, TX and will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment with you to assess the problem and resolve it at your earliest convenience. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Houston, Texas a call today if you are looking for professional plumbing in Rosenberg, TX. If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay.