Water heaters tend to be a very costly investment. This is why, when your home needs a new water heater, it is a cost that needs special consideration. Other than the cost of the water heater, homeowners should also consider its efficiency and longevity.
That being said, we’ve put together a comparison of storage and tankless water heaters in Sugar Land to help contractors and homeowners determine what suits their needs more effectively. In this article, we will also be looking into the pros and cons of each of these types of water heaters so as to help you make a more informed decision.
Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters in Sugar Land are also known as on-demand water heaters. They work with the help of their powered burners in order to heat water rapidly as it runs through the heat exchanger. Once this is done, the heated water is delivered directly to your shower or faucets without the need to be stored anywhere.
Tankless water heaters in Sugar Land are mainly powered by gas or electricity and are found to be up to 22% more energy efficient as opposed to regular storage-tank models.
How Are Traditional Storage Water Heaters Different?
This type of water heater is found in homes more commonly as opposed to tankless water heaters in Sugar Land. Traditional storage water heaters consist of insulated tanks that have the ability to hold up to 50 gallons of heated water. This water is stored in the heater until it is needed, and a pipe right above the heater helps the stored water reach the kitchen, bathroom, or any other destination.
There are also some traditional storage water heaters out there that work with the help of electricity or natural gas. Natural gas storage heaters tend to use up to 50% less energy as opposed to electrical ones – which means they cost much less to operate. These gas models, however, have a higher initial cost than electric models.
Efficiency of Tankless Water Heaters in Sugar Land
Homeowners who use these on-demand tankless water heaters in Sugar Land are known to use less than 41 gallons on a daily basis with 24 to 34% more energy efficiency as opposed to traditional heaters. Even if we talk about a home where water is used much more (let’s say 86 gallons) on a daily basis, then this home would be able to enjoy an energy efficiency of somewhere between 8 to 14%.
Buying tankless water heaters in Sugar Land will, however, cost homeowners a little more than traditional water heaters. Even though this might be a problem for some potential buyers, you should also know that some varieties of tankless water heaters in Sugar Land can even last to 20+ years of service life. Traditional storage water heaters, on the other hand, only last for about somewhere between 10 to 15 years before they begin to deteriorate. When they do, they even start flooding basements!
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
- Saves the homeowner considerable amounts of money over time.
- gov found that they can save up to an annual $100, whereas electric versions save up to $44.
- These systems have longer useful lives as opposed to storage tank water heaters.
- Tankless water heaters in Sugar Land can last up to somewhere between 20 and 30 years.
- Takes up much less space as opposed to a traditional water heater.
- These can also be installed outside the home.
- You will not be deprived of hot water whenever the need arises.
- They have the ability to deliver 2 to 3 gallons of hot water per minute.
Disadvantages of Tankless Water Heaters
- These systems are quite efficient but have a higher initial cost as compared to traditional systems.
- Even the installation of these systems tends to be quite costly.
- Replacing a traditional heater with a tankless one is more expensive and time consuming than simply getting a new tankless water heater in Sugar Land.
- Doing chores simultaneously will negatively affect the efficiency of tankless water heaters.
Advantages of Storage Tank Water Heaters
- Storage tank water heaters tend to have lower initial costs by significant margins.
- Instead of spending around $2000 to $4500 traditional storage tank water heaters will cost between $500 and $800.
- Storage tank water heaters operate with the help of simple components which makes repairs and maintenance much easier.
Disadvantages of Storage Tank Water Heaters
- Due to their lower levels of efficiency, these storage tank water heaters tend to bring about higher utility bills.
- Since storage tank water heaters heat and reheat water towards preset temperatures, utility bills tend to exponentially increase with the amount of usage.
- Storage tank water heaters also tend to occupy a lot more space because of their sizes
- If your home is low on space, it will be quite challenging to find enough space for your new storage tank water heater.
- These types water heaters cannot be located outside the home as is the case with tankless water heaters.
- If you have a traditional storage water heater, then you wouldn’t want to be last member of the family to take a shower.
- These storage water heaters cannot accommodate high demands of water usage in a single home. On an average, these water heaters can support three showers with one whole storage tank.
So there you have it folks. If you’ve made your decision, all you need now is a plumbing service for installation. Don’t know who to call?
The Answer to All Your Plumbing Needs
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Houston can help you with all your plumbing needs. Our teams consist of the employees with extensive professionalism and expertise that guarantee a great service. So go ahead and visit our website or call us at 281-394-0378 for more information.